Benefits of Tag Management Systems
- Tag management systems centralize and standardize your customer data across all platforms. Tag management systems allow you to define a single data layer, and then trigger and populate multiple tags using that data.
- TMS tools increase site performance. Tag Managers allow the ability to fire tags asynchronously which means they will not block content from loading on the page. Many TMS tools can also slim down the overall weight of the tags through built-in compression and minification of files.
- Tag Managers allow more control and flexibility. Tag management tools give flexibility to decide how and when tags are fired based on specified conditions. Maybe your tags only need to fire on certain pages. Perhaps a tag is no longer needed altogether, and can thereby be deactivated quickly with a TMS.
Sproutward Tag Management Services
Our tag management services tend to fall into a few buckets.
- New Tag Management Implementation
- Enhancing/Cleaning Up an Existing Implementation
- Ongoing Data Layer and Tag Management
- Vendor Selection and RFP Support
Tag Management Implementation: Process
During the kickoff phase we will meet with your teams and business stakeholders to understand your unique goals and digital properties (websites, apps, and portals). Based on these goals we’ll develop a recommended data layer structure that is comprehensive, standardized, well-documented, and user friendly.
We’ll be there to assist your developers and engineers in deploying and testing the data layer in your environments. Typically we will also assist in migrating any 3rd party tags that have been “hardcoded” on your site, redeploying them in the new tag management environment. Moving these tags takes well-planned coordination to assure that no data is lost or altered in the process.
Tag Management Implementation: Timing
From kickoff a typical custom TMS implementation can take around 4-8 weeks to complete. Times can vary greatly based on the complexity of the site and the number of applications. However, the major factor will be the development time to implement the data layer and the number and complexity of tags that need to be implemented. Regardless, we’ll do our best to estimate all of this before we get rolling.
Supported Tag Management Tools
We have decades of combined expertise implementing, migrating, and customizing tag management solutions across a variety of verticals. This includes deep expertise with the most popular enterprise tools: Tealium IQ, Google Tag Manager (GTM), Adobe Dynamic Tag Management (DTM), and Segment. We support other platforms as well. If you don’t see yours, just ask.